Thursday, January 12, 2006

The Ants Keep Marching.

Wednesday morning, I woke up at 5am needing to pee and I couldn't walk to the can. I dragged and limped and hopped. I made like a gunshot victim the 15 feet to the loo and back, got in bed, adjusted so it wouldn't hurt so bad and waited until the alarm when off at 638am to tell Jason what was wrong.
"Jason.. I can't walk.... My knee hurts so much!" I started crying. I know I may see like a big baby. At this incident, I wouldn't waste my breath telling Jason all the reasons I am crying soo much. Yes my knee hurts, a lot. BUT It means I can't go to work. my boss is a dick enough and he thinks everyone is lying to him about everything. Jerk.
I have no insurance. I go to the state clinic which is on a payscale so sure, it's 30$ for the consultation, but the wait is horrible usually 3 hours.. AND Having a similar injury before I am scared out of my mind that it isn't something simple. I might need x-rays or physical therapy like last time (different knee)
and I sooo don't have that money. I can barley pay my bills.
But in his sleepy concerned-ness he was valiant to my aide... or something.. He just hugged me and told me that it would be fine, that he'd take me to the doctor ( he has a good job where they understand things like that, and offer sick days)
I was such a gimp. I had to have him take the covers off of me so I could move my leg!
I felt so lame.
Well I guess I was lame, technically...

Well because it was early morning, and not the "Women's Clinic" area I went to, the wait was not horrible.
The doctor was a woman, and really cool. She judged with her doctoryness that I probably only strained the tendon a little. and Really, it was feeling better by loads compared to 5am.
I had ace bandaged a bag of frozen peas to it when I went back to sleep. That probably helped a lot. She said I could go get x-rays if I want, but that I probably didn't need them (of course saying that in a way like "I can't tell you NOT to go.. but...")
I thought I'd save my $$$ for if it got really bad.
I got Motrin 800 (woo hoo!!) and went home. We bought actuall ice cubes and made an ice pack for my knee. Jason stayed home with me and we watched Unbreakable, which is actually good. and Mary Poppins (YAY! Julie Andrews!!!)
I finished my book (The Book Of Three. yes i know its a kids book, bite me)
and today my knee is MUCH better. still hurts when I move it to and fro.. but I am really amazed on how it has improved. yay Motrin and ice cubes!
Really, my boss today wanted me to drive the shop truck somewhere. and I told him no, and that all the driving on Tues is what I think irritated my knee to the point it was at.
I hid and almost cried and was going to tell him that if he made me drive I wouldn't come to work tomorrow.
But he changed his mind and made one of the mechanic's do it.
Time for my cult meeting.
bbl!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home