Thursday, January 12, 2006

The Cult of Oobla

There was actually at one time a cult of Oobla. But it only had like 4 members. and most of them were stoned all the time. Ah! Good times!
Those were days long past.
Days of even longer past are celebrated by people in the cult of the SCA. Not really a cult.
>{{{&}}}*>

I went to the canton council meeting this evening. J actually wants to start playing again and I am actually very excited, regardless of what he thinks.
I got grumpy because my braided string wasn't as pretty as I thought it should be and said I didn't want to play anymore. I was kidding. I actually just don't want to play by myself anymore.
that sounds dirty. I am lazy and I don't want to play by myself in that way either... but I meant in the SCA.
I have never been really involved, and in the last year I have slowly been seeing what I think my place might be. At the canton meeting, everyone was really nice. Even the Baron of Calafia was there. Yay! I've met him before he is nice too.
I found someone to whom I can donate all that old garb I don't wear anymore to, and I asked around to which section Lysts belong to. I guess they are sort of in between marshalling and field heraldry. Which are two more things I want to do.
And So I was like. I am *very* interested in learning lysts! and marshalling bla bla. I talked to a few different chicks who were all nice and helpful in the usual SCA fashion but without all the overly seems-like-they're-faking-it nicities. Double YAY!
Then one woman who is a costuming laural ( I told her im learning to do my own embroidery) says she's a senior marshal, and they don't have a lysts officer. I told them I haven't ever done it before, but I took the class, and was planning on volunteering at the next tourney I showed up at.
So she introduced me to a couple other people, who were equally excited, and they suggested I come to FP, and they will help me get authorized as a fighter because it's pretty important to know what you are talking about if you are shaking a stick at fighters and tell them if they are doing something wrong.
I would have never ( or at least not for a long time) gotten into fighting because I wont spend the money on armour. But the chance to barrow some stuff and hit people with stick now and again is gool.
plus if it helps me do stuff I wanna do.
At any rate. I am very excited. I don't even feel aprehension, just looking forward to not sucking.

Then I stoped at Jack in the Yack for some chicken peices with Franks red hot sauce for dipping!
Kitty sat up and meowd at me while I was eating. but she wont eat anything I offer her. Crazy cat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home