Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Fries, Hot-Dogs, and Arias.

I had the weirdest dream about hanging out in a random, non-existant, but very well put together for my brain, fast food restaurant last night.

My friend Jasmine was there, in this archaic arcade, playing like, videogames or things that resembled those prize machines by the doors or grocery stores.

And I was in the side lobby area, down a ramp to the left of the order counter, with my good friend Cory and a random Hispanic-esque teenage girl, who I have a feeling is there because for Cory, who is a pretty blond boy :)
And they keep asking the employee for things like fries and cokes without getting in line and he is getting irritated, but retreives the items for them anyway.

Then there's this weird machine in our lobby with a huge colourful touch pad that I just start pushing the buttons on and it starts giving me trays of fries and hot dogs and then prints out a receipt for 25$ and I'm like, "Ummmm.... I don't have 25$ for fries. I mean, I want fries, but really..."
SO the employee comes and explains that it's old, or new, or some techno-babble, and makes it so my pounds of fries and hot dog are only $1.60.
So I give him two bucks, and the girl asks him for something else and he tells her that she can get in line like everyone else! and I was like, "yeah, seriously."
I felt embarassed. I dislike demanding people who don't consider what employees are going through.

Also, the whole dream is overshadowed by the fact that I parked my truck in the parking space right in front of the door of this back lobby, backed up so the bed is all-up-ons the sidewalk, like happens with big trucks, and this is really hunourous to everyone, except a random group of teens who appear to be our rivals. But of course I'm me, I'm a Gnagsta, so I'm not worried.
I see they are out side driving around in their smaller, crappier truck trying to be tough. But I have gansta blood, and a much nicer truck, so I ignore them.
I think they are offended by my parking job.

So anyway, I go into the line with my friends and there behind the counter is not a normal burger joint kitchen, but a sort of music room and a choir director conducting a girl who is singing a beautiful aria or something in like Italian or something while wearing here very Wienrschnitzel-esque outfit. and I thought, Wow, what a beautiful voice she has. Sometimes beauty comes from the most unexpected things.
And I thought How can she learn those songs if she doesn't speak English. Oh wait... How did I learn songs in other languages in choir. Duh... and I thought it was cool that we could all sing a beautiful Italian song together, even though we can not talk to each other.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home