Monday, April 24, 2006

Something I can't say out loud.

The other weekend I saw the movie V for Vendetta. It's actually very rare that I have a desire to see a film in the theatre. I saw a preveiw for it before another film a while ago and remembered thinking to myself, "Hey, that looks cool. I should go see it."And that was all.So we went to go see it.On Easter.It was nothing like I expected it to be, but even more that I could have asked for.That sounds so cheesy in reference to a film, but it's true.For those who haven't seen it, the film is set in the future in England. The UK is a totaltarian state, and the most powerful nation in the world. It seems to be a cross between Nazi Germany, 1984, and Brave New World.i love these concepts and sorts of stories.The utopian societies and conspiracy theories set into our cultures and literature are some of the most thought provoking and deepest meaningful ideas for me.
I mean to say that I love these stories and ideas; they strike a chord somewhere deep inside that I can't explain.

Now, as sensative as i am, I keep it on the inside. apart from the obvious love for kittens birds and anything the colour orange.
My true feelings, loyalties to ideals and issues remain inside on a shelf no one else is meant to look at.
I descovered a couple years into college, that no one gives a damn about the issues you care about and no one will change their minds no matter how much proof you give them.
All i can do is keep myself educated so when the time does come where knowledge is power, I wont be so easily rounded up.
I'm pretty sure this will never happen as there are many people in the world who strive to be educated to make sure that history doesn't repeat itself and fiction doesn't become reality.

This movie is a good example.
The message is to never forget our histories and the people who try so hard to change things, even if they fail.

The whole movie stirred my emotions, but not to the point of it being obvious. I'm great at putting up a cold front even when I'm boiling inside.
At the end of the movie, they blow up parliment.
They win, of course. and bring down the evil government.
As I saw the explosion I thought, "that is so beautiful."
And then I paused to think, "my god, how can I say that? that's a government building!!"
And then I realized that the second thought was just programmes into my mind. We are trained to know that going against the government is wrong. Blowing up building is wrong.
And that if we never had thoughts like these, and never had stories and books and movies like these, no revolutions would ever happen.
I thought to myself "It's thoughts like these that keep us free."
and I started to cry. In the theatre, next to J.
I thought for a second to try to stop myself, which is very difficult with that much emotion, but I decided not to.
I cried and let myself be seen. I knew Jason wouldn't think i was weird. I knew he would understand.
but he was suprised, not suprisingly.
He asked me what made me so 'upset.' That I never cry like that at films. He said, he'd been practicllay crying the who way through, but that I never do such things.
I couldn't tell him. I said, I'd say later.
But I never did.
I just can't say it, even though I'm sure he thinks the same things and he would completely understand. and agree.
but I just can't come out with it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home