Sunday, April 23, 2006

I don't Like Poetry

More and more when I see this stuff, I realize that I don't like it.
I have no patience for it.
Blah, blah, my mother hated me....
In truth, my own deppressive teenage poetry was much like this.
And it is crap. Depressing teenage poetry.
As much as I would have liked people to understand it, Now it is much better if no one does.
A friend of mine writes poetry all the bleeding time. and it's all in the same format.
4-6 (usually 6) little paragraphs of 4-5 lines eachreassuring the reader that the World isn't going to
Destroy him and how is isn't like everyone else.
Occasionally there is a line or two I find to be profound
but most of the time I am just like. "god damnit man, go sit in the fucking sunshine for a few minutes!!"
But meticulous poets are not in the mood to understand my 'streams of consciousness' that I much prefer to write.

Hey youre shit might be more technical, but so calculus, and fuck that shit....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home