Friday, January 27, 2006

A Good Scottish Name

Lillian Jackson Braun is probably dead.
She is the author of the "The Cat Who..." series who's first book was published in 1967.
NO!! SURELY NOT!! No one was alive then!!!
Well I sure wasn't.
Jim Qwilleran is her protagonist. Is that the right word?
He IS what I wish I could be. Except for the man part.
He is a writer, he's rich and has cats and he writes a column about whatever he wants to write about twice a week.
of course this is later in the series, but still...
apparently in one of his columns he had three words of suggestion for people who wish to write. They are
write, write, and write.
I am in a sort of suspended despair that in all the time I sped day dreaming, I COULD be writing it down. But that time, in reality, is spend driving. Currently I drive sometimes for hours, almost every day. Soon I wont have this job anymore, I probably wont have near as much "free" time as I do ( but the pay will be significantly better)
DO I want to write? Yes.
Do I want to be a writer? I think so....
Then I must stop talking to myself and put it down.
That is why I started this in the first place. It's really not to ramble on about cats and daleks, which I have another blog for (with many pics).
This is supposed to be the secret hiding place for Avery Winters. And she hasn't stepped a virtual foot here yet.
**************************************************
I have relocated my laptop to next to my bed and plugged it in. It's been there for about a month. I am shy about what I am dreaming about. I can't tell anyone what I am cooking. Although I actually did tell a friend of mind about Avery one night while high off my rocket. Drugs will do that. Luckily pretty much everyone was off their rockets, and none of us really remember much from that night or that club. But that is another story for another time.
This is about me damnit!!! I have been spending an
inexcusable amount of time with Avery in the last few months. And I haven't written a thing.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home