Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Let's Not Shit Ourselves (title stolen from a Bright Eyes song)

I think the line goes, "Things are only bad when you compare them to things that are better." (paraphrased from a zen book)
and
" Pick something or someone you want to be and be it." none of this
"I'm not cool and "I wish I could do that..."
I have emo hair today. I wear ugly clothes and swagger. am I emo?
I put glue in my hair, my outfit is comprised of a torn skirt and another skirt with stuff pinned to it. does that make me punk? well actually it's goth industrial. and I'll stomp around you in my dirty boots. You don't have to not be educated to be a gangsta... but checkig out the gangstas.. you'd think only an 8th grade education was required.

One night after getting ready to go somewhere when I was about 19, I looked in my Wal-Mart full length mirror that was taped to the back of my bedroom door and I thought, "Who is that?"
I have done my hair like so, and was wearing my clothes, like I do..
BUt I didn't look like me. I looked like "one of those cool girls, that everyone likes..."
Case dismissed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home